A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Sunday 9 October 2011

-236 A short heartfelt post

To those of you whom have left comments and sent me emails.

Thank you.

Thank you for your prayers, your words, your thoughts and for taking the time to notice I was AWOL with this blog writing. Your words were like a shower of glitter that blessed my heart when I finally logged into my email and read them.

Today was the first Sunday that God didn't deal with me in His persistently persistent way that I didn't have tears streaming down my face at least once today so the changes that have happened in the past 6 or so weeks have obviously made some difference.

There is still a fair bit of anxiety and obviously a fair bit of avoidance going on but I really believe that one of the things that has helped a lot is signing off from the online dating for a while and working on my fitness and nutrition.

I'll come back in the next day or so and write an updated post but now that I feel that I can write about being single and living this life again from this perspective and be honest about it  - I'm back. :)

Again your comments and emails made my heart sing more than you can imagine. I never would have thought that God could build a community like this so quickly and one that cares so genuinely, particularly since most of us have no idea what we all look like. ;)

xMiss365

5 comments:

  1. I was so happy when I saw you had updated your blog! I have missed keeping up with what is going on with you. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers!

    Love,
    Chronicler

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Your words were like a shower of glitter that blessed my heart" - I love that!

    Great to hear that the old is dying and the renewing is happening. (I was getting a little concerned, but knew God has it all in hand, but still .....)

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was missing you too. Just cos you don't know what we look like on the outside, I think you just had a peek at what we're like on the inside ;)

    I recently caught a line in a movie where an average girl said to a beauty "Everyone is either beautiful on the inside OR on the outside and you're VERY beautiful on the OUTSIDE." The beauty was very flattered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too, meee toooo. I was missing you as well. I'm glad your back and look forward to reading more from you girlie. I hope all is well, or at least my prayer for you is that you are getting through whatever life is hurling at you in this moment, with barrels full of grace and peace and joy.

    Jeanine :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...