A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Wednesday 31 August 2011

-238 Sing My Soul

Image by Chaiwat
I thought I'd share with you a Part 2 to yesterday's post and tell you about how I ended my teary day.

Not all that long after writing my Help Fatigue Day -239 post, I shut down my computer, turned off the TV, stood in the middle of my lounge room and with tears rolling down my face sang songs of praise to God.

I can't tell you now because I honestly can't remember, what songs I sang but I can tell you that the bits of songs that poured out of my heart surprised me sometimes with their "vintages" and at times a tiny part of my brain was thinking "How on earth am I remember all the lyrics to this song? Haven't sung this one for years!"

But my spirit and my heart knew what I needed to sing to Him in my sadness last night.

Today was an ok day. Not amazing. Not horrid. There were a couple of great work moments. But it was an ok day.

And I'm fine with that.

xMiss365

1 comment:

  1. Praise is indeed the answer to many things - good and bad.

    I know that when I'm feeling down or overwhelmed I thank God that He is God and I am not, that He holds everything and me in His hands and He is Lord.

    And, a friend and I were talking one day about songs, and we agreed that Christians know the words to more songs than non-Christians. And it is amazing what comes back to mind when you start singing - especially the old ones!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...