A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Wednesday 24 August 2011

-240 Done with online dating.

Sorry it's been a while between posts. Potential Bachelor #5 and I were getting to know each other for a couple of weeks with voice emails and the like & one long Skype chat. 

And then that was it. 

Over a week and a half and nothing. 

I sent him a bright, cheery, short but not dismissive email about a week ago - just to remind him I'm still alive I guess and still no reply. 

I haven't seen him on Skype since so he's either not on, he's blocked me or he set up some other account that he hasn't logged onto again.

What I don't like about this online stuff is the ability to just avoid and never know why the other person lost interest in getting to know you. I've learned over the years that it most likely has nothing to do with me. He could have found interest with someone closer to home or some big family thing happened or he could have lost all fingers in a harvester accident....

Lol. 

Whatever.

And I do mean that "Whatever" with a shrug of my shoulders. 

But it would be nice to know sometimes. 

So Hurrah. My last online dating membership runs out in a couple of days so after much prayer I'm fairly certain that I need to let this go for a while. I think in some ways I'm trying to "control" God by persistently doing the online stuff. I know I need to just let it go and get on with doing other things. Like losing some more weight and being more than ok with being on my own again not just mostly. 

I've also realised that by participating in online dating I was using it as a safety net of sorts to not trust that I can attract men in real life. Crazy hey? 

So yes. Potential Bachelor #5 is done for reasons I cannot fathom. I don't think I'm that scary. Actually I know I'm not. 

On to the rest of the year getting fit and healthy again and seeing what God does for me with friendships and more in real life. Maybe nothing. But at least I won't be waiting by the inbox anymore. 

Worse than the days of waiting by the phone. ;)

xMiss365

6 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry things worked out the way they did! Please know though, that I am still praying for you, your future mate, and for the time before you meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, also, especially because I am a stickler for doing what I say I'm going to, for keeping in contact, or if unable to for whatever reason, letting the other person know. It really bugs me that people think that it's ok to just stop contact or a relationship or not carry something through because something better came up (this last one is a biggie for me because I work with a lot of volunteers - most of whom are lovely and committed but one or two who are unreliable for this very reason) without letting me or anyone else know (why).

    So I am sorry for that, BUT it is nearly Spring and it is so much easier to get out and about and walk the dog (in my case) and focus on my fitness and weight control. So, enjoy the Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both & for your prayers. :)

    What I took from this one is that I am very much over the online thing for a while and I need to just leave it for a while. I think I was finding being single harder with all the online stuff than I have in the past when I've had real life interest or no interest.

    And I'm excited for Spring. I'm loving Pre Spring and the sunshine and non hibernation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that it just hasn't panned out either. However, it sounds like you have the right attitude about it all and closing that door just might be the thing that will open the real one to Mr Right. God knows. His timing is perfect. And He is perfectly able to set it up. No worries. I trust in this. And I know you do too. So on with the...did you say spring? Huh...it's about to be fall here...I'd like to skip ahead and have spring again though...but yeah, on with the springtime and sunshine and good things in store! Amen. :)))

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. It can be really hard to accept that 'he's just not that into you" but it is always better for this to happen earlier rather than later in the relationship.

    Keep believing cos God IS faithful :)

    I'm loving the spring too! Much better to be out enjoying it than stuck at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I think in some ways I'm trying to 'control' God by persistently doing the online stuff."

    Don't worry, even if you joined every dating site on this planet you will never control God :) Dating sites can never "strong arm" the Lord into giving you what you want because He cannot be manipulated. No matter which site you use, everything will always be done in His timing regardless. Fortunately, God is extremely creative and can use any method to bring Mr. Right into your life. If that means through an online dating site or through a chance meeting at the local grocery store, God's got it.

    **Still praying for you**

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...