Wedge heels are pretty but there are days when your feet hurt without warning. Today was one of those days. New shoes were going to be required. Luckily I had time to spare and I knew just where to get some cheap flats.
Market City. Downstairs cheap and cheerful markets. Upstairs factory outlets.
New super cheap flats purchased.
And a super super hot hat perfect for being memorable and also good for sun protection out on the Harbour. It was a beautifully warm Autumn day today !So on the way down to the wharf I was hopeful that I would meet some other Christians that had the potential to become social acquaintances and possibly friends ( and yes maybe I was hoping to spy a cute male or two !)
While on the Harbour Cruising this is what I learned today :
- I blabber a bit too much when I am nervous.
- The food was not worth $60 and I ate about $5 worth of food and drank a $2 diet coke.
- I don't particularly love standard small talk questions and don't really love the way I answer them.
- I need to become better prepared with small talk answers.
- I need to have an answer for what are my pastimes other than making excuses for why I don't seem to have any. Which is rubbish because I do lots of things to pass the time. Just not things that sound appealing...."Oh I procrastinate a lot, I stare at the washing up and then avoid it, I blog, I check facebook, I watch DVDs I've seen a lot because they are comfortable, I sleep and avoid Ninjas wielding Migraine sticks...lol. Yup. Need to come up with good answers. Lol.
- The best looking guy was not the most interesting.
- The geeky, Science guy was the most interesting.
- The guys all gravitated towards the small boned, blonde hostess even though she wasn't all that great of a conversationalist.
- The brunette Catholic girl was the best conversationalist but lost the guys attention when she said that she was doing Lent at the moment.
- I won't be going on another one. Or it's very doubtful....because....
- It wasn't really a group for Christian singles...it was a bunch of different singles groups invited and mashed together. *sigh* I have no idea who was Christian and who wasn't.
- The view was great !
- As the day went on I got a lot more comfortable.
- And I learned that I need to work on small talk...did I say that already ;)
So I needed a mint skim Grande iced cafe mocha from Starbucks on the way back to catch the train back to my car. I found out I had missed out on the Dark Cherry Mochas by only a week. *sigh*
Even though it wasn't what I was looking for today I did take a step out to do something different. I took a chance and stepped out of my comfort zone. Who knows what I'll do next?