A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Sunday 9 January 2011

-324 Purposed to be at this place at this time ( Sunday 2nd January 2011 )

Photo by nuttakit
Today I was reminded that there are times when God purposes you to be at a certain place at a particular time to hear His voice. 

I knew weeks ago that I was going to make the 2 hour drive down the coast to lead the singing at Church this morning as I was literally the only singer who was able to do it who wasn't on holiday ridiculously far away. Our Pastor had already arranged for someone else who doesn't regularly attend our Church but has ties to it  the week before ( Boxing Day ) to come and lead ( he also plays guitar ) so he couldn't really do it again. So it was me. I could have said no but long story short I felt that God was giving me an opportunity to do something that He has gifted me to do  ( that I haven't done in Church for adults in such a long time ) on a week where there wouldn't necessarily be a lot of people. 

I had spoken to our guitarist and keyboard player the week before about songs and we were all set to go with another singer and a drummer. The day I left for my holiday the singer fell ill and let me know that she wouldn't be able to sing. 'Ok. No problems. Just myself, the drummer, the guitarist and the keyboard player. Go us !'

So Saturday night I snaffle myself a bed for the first time 'Mmmm bed good' set my iphone for the first time in 2011 'Anyone see a problem here?' and get ready to get up at 6.30am.

Yep. So 6.30am I am looking at my iphone and the alarm did not go off. '6.31am... 6.32am...Hmm.Ok.Better get up and get caffeineated' I was out of the Holiday House by just after 7am and in Church ready for a 9am practice. The Pastor was upstairs praying and by 9.20am I was getting a little concerned that there was no guitarist or keyboard player. A few minutes later the singer/guitarist who lead the week previously runs in apologising for being late. Turns out the guitarist had extended his holiday and my Pastor looking after me had arranged for a replacement. So when the keyboard player didn't show up ( I now know the reason why - it's all good ) we decided to change some of the songs, change the key and share the vocals. And then the drummer rocked up a little while later and told us about the iphone/lack of alarm working issue. Ahhhh!

And I was comfortable leading in a way that I haven't been in a long time.Not since I used to lead with The Guy I Used To DIG or The Real Ex. Not that I like this guitarist in that way ( he's a youngin' - a real youngin' ) but I did like song leading with him. It's nice when you song lead with someone who has an instrument when you do not. But anyway that's only part of the story of why I felt God had purposed me there on that particular Sunday rather than sleeping at The Holiday House with everyone else ;)

So my Pastor's New Year message in part was on not letting go of the visions that you know that He has placed within you even when they have not yet come to pass ( and you think that they never will - see Hope Post  ). And of course I started to fuss with my ring finger on my left hand 'Why does it always come back to that?! Why can't I just be content with what I have or want something else?' ( But other than salvation for my family I want for nothing else in my personal life really ) 

Highlighted in my Bible now is the following ;

Then the Lord answered me and said;
'Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith.

Habakkuk 2:2

And yes I went down for prayer after the sermon and thankfully the singer/guitarist ( can I call him The Aussie Idol Wild Card ? Lol. I'm sure he would hate that name if he were ever to read this blog ! ) did what he does best and I didn't reveal what I was requiring prayer over ( so not to get those prayer answers of those that love me rather than the God answers ) and while I didn't get much more of an answer other than " Wait for it, for it will surely come"  ( not in those exact words mind ). I did leave the service that morning with a smile on my face and bounce in my step. I felt purposed to be at that service that morning. 

So on the drive home I simply asked God to give me an opportunity for Him to reveal Himself and His will more to me in the coming week regarding this scripture ( it wasn't the only one that the Pastor had used by the way but it was the one that spoke to me the loudest ). And to listen to the still, small voice rather than the loud ones. Because just a mere day later I had almost forgotten. *sigh* 'Still, small voice. Still, small voice....'

It took another week but I think I know what I'm supposed to do. I'll just have to catch up on my posts to tell you all about it ;)

xMiss365

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...