A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Friday 17 December 2010

-339 Schools out for summer!

Photo by Elwood W. McKay III
Whohooo! 


I'm on holidays for 5 weeks ! The work situation can be  put behind me for a while and I can just be me and not worry or even think about work relationships for a while. Such a relief !


I can be me again !


Had a lovely afternoon at my cousin's house just chatting and celebrating her unexpected new job transfer and hanging out with her and her two gorgeous kids. We are only 2 1/2 years apart and growing up we were almost like sisters ( even though she has an older sister ) but over the years we've moved in different directions in life ( her married & kids, me single ). She's not a Christian but I remember years ago when she was going through a particularly tough time she asked if I would come over and pray for her and with her. I continually ask God for that seed to grow in her heart so that it can also do the same in her families life too. 


I'm going to make more of an effort to make the time to see her. We live within kilometres of each other but rarely see each other. There is no excuse on my part. I appreciate my friends and make an effort to see them so I am not going to take my family for granted either. 


I love spontaneous coffee catchup afternoons like today! And I came home with homegrown cherry tomatoes, a candy cane and a drawing of a Christmas tree from The Puff (she's 5) as a precious bonus ;)


xMiss365

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...