A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Wednesday 15 December 2010

-341 Happy Valentines to me

Photo by George Stojkovic
Well today is Polly Pocket's 7th birthday and she had a lovely fun day full of celebrations and presents and lots of phone calls and text messages. I spent a bit of time with her earlier tonight and got to hear about her day and give her gift to her. One very excited little 7 year old. I still remember that child as a one month old (as jetlagged as I was I do remember!) meeting her for the first time and how tiny she was. It's amazing how one child (and now two with Such a boy) who are not my own can grab my heart and hold it the way they do. I can only imagine how parents feel about their children and how God must feel about us. 

Wow. 

So anyway, I have this aversion to going to gigs on my own. I recently gave up Lior tickets that I had bought because I firstly couldn't find anyone to go with me after a friend that I was going with couldn't go any longer and then I couldn't bring myself to go on my own. But in February ( on the 17th actually ) one of my favourite bands Doves are in Sydney and I am not going to miss them. And I know trying to get anyone interested in going when it's a band that is not mainstream or because it's a Thursday night would almost be impossible so it's a case of regret not seeing them live or getting out of denial land that I am single and may well always be. And go to gigs on my own. 

I bought a standing room ticket. Eeeeek. :)

I have until February to deal but I could talk myself out of Lior because he is an Australian artist. Doves are not. So Happy Valentines Day to me :)

xMiss365

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...