A (somewhat) honest look at what it's like to be a single, Christian woman in her mid 30s in Sydney who wants to remain true to the life that God has planned for her but doesn't want to let go of her dream of being in a relationship again and eventually being a wife and mother

Wednesday 8 December 2010

-348 Gah!

Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net Admin
Drawback of being an independent single woman such as myself?

Having to pay bills and ( er, fines ) on my own. *sigh*

My holiday leave loading comes in my pay tomorrow. And I just worked out by the time I pay the electricity bill that just came in ( which I am convinced is a made up number and my meter has not been read and yes it happens, and yes apparently they can 'guesstimate' ), a motorway toll fine ( faulty etag ), Strata levy & now a speeding fine ( *sigh* my first one ever ) and all the other regular bills, get my car serviced ( like I was supposed to months ago ), pay the balance of my holiday with friends over NYears and pay for those Christmas pressies ( that I had planned on for ages )...well let's just say there isn't much left of that Holiday leave loading. *sigh* 

But. That said. I am grateful to be in a job where I get leave loading, where I get paid in the holidays, that I have a roof over my head ( yes even though the bank owns most of it still I am still grateful ), that I have nice things, that I can buy presents for the people I care about, that I have the means to live on my own because I choose to. 

But most of all I am grateful to live in a country where I am free to worship God and live the way I do in freedom. Sure I might have one less demerit point next to my name now but I lost that point on my way to a Church music practice that didn't have to be hidden or in secret, where I didn't fear for my life. Tonight I pray for those who have to hide their faith or risk their life in doing so. 


xMiss365

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...